What services and amenities are available in your room ?
Welcome to the Splendid
We are delighted to welcome you, hope you shall have a splendid stay and are at your entire disposal to satisfy all your needs. Feel free to contact us for any request during your stay, it will be our pleasure to satisfy your demand.
The team and Management !
INFORMATION – CONCIERGE DESK
You need a doctor, a baby sitter or a taxi ? You would like to rent a car or book an excursion ? You are looking for information on eco-friendly shops and services nearby ? You need assistance with your luggage ? Call the concierge at 81. To consult guides on the French Riviera environment and green activities (available on request), please ask the Concierge.
The hotel accepts most of international credit cards: American Express, Visa card, Diner’s Club, Eurocard Mastercard, JCB, China Union Pay
The hotel has an underground GARAGE garage with video surveillance. Access to the garage is charged 25€/24h for all the guests, electric cars are charged free of charge. The hotel declines any responsibility for luggage and belongings left in your car. Please leave your car-key to the concierge
The Hotel offers a laundry service for its guests. Please put your laundry in the bag available in your wardrobe and bring it to our concierge. If you wish your laundry to be returned the same day (except Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays), it to needs to be handed the housekeeper before 9 am.
If you need an extra pillow, a blanket, soap or any room item, dial 80 or 9 to contact the housekeeping service. Our maids will be glad to help you also with laundry and dry cleaning.
An ice cube machine and bags are at your disposal on the 1st floor in front of the lifts
On arrival, you will find a mini bar in your room. Soft drinks are free.
You may order other drinks (with. supplements) at the Bar by calling 83
SAFE DEPOSIT BOX
Individual and free safes are available at the Reception desk, and also in rooms. The Hotel declines any responsibility for items of value that are not stored in the personal safe.
The outlet enables use of 110 or 220 voltages. It is equipped with a security device. Please do not use for any other appliances.
AUTOMATIC WAKE UP
Please contact the Reception to place a wakeup call (dial 80), or dial 49 and the wake up time.For example: For 07:30 dial 0730. Check for “bip” to confirm.
For 19:30 dial 1930. Check for “bip” to confirm.
Hang up the phone and replace the receiver.
As part of our environmental policy, and to facilitate your waste sorting, recycling bins are at your disposal in the Lobby of the hotel. To find more, consult the user’s guide in the “green section” of this directory.
EARLY CHECK IN
In the case that your room is your arrival, you can leave your luggage in the storage room.
An early check-in is possible pending availabilities
Clients who booked directly have priority in room allocation
CHECK OUT TIME – 12:00 am
Room should be vacated before noon on the day of departure.
If you wish to extend your stay, please advise the Reception desk. If we have the availability, we would be happy to assist. We do apply a supplement for late check-out depending on the time you vacate your room.
Late check-out until 3:00 pm: 30 €
Late check-out until 6:00 pm: 60 €
Wi-Fi is available in the lobby, bar, fitness and in the hotel rooms for free. You can check your emails at our business corner situated opposite the Reception desk. Connect to the server« Splendid hotel & spa », open a web page and click on ” wifi gratuit et valider “.
Room to room: press ‘1’ followed with the respective room number.
Outside calls: press ‘0’ followed with the number.
Fire – Fire, accidents and medical emergencies 112 or 18
SAMU – Medical emergencies in city 15
In addition Chromecast is available
1 – TF1 HD
2 – France 2
3 – France 3
5 – France 5
6 – M6 HD
7 – Arte HD
8 – D8
9 – W9
10 – TMC
11 – NT1
12 – NRJ 12
13 – LCP
14 – France 4
15 – BFM TV
16 – i>Télé
17 – Cstar
18 – Gulli
19 – France O
20 – HD1
21 – L’équipe 21
22 – 6ter
23 – Numéro 23
24 – RMC Découverte
25 – Chérie 25
27 – France info
31 – Azur TV
60 – TV5 Monde FBS
61 – TV5 Monde Europe
62 – BBC World
63 – JSTV-1
64 – JSTV-2
65 – CNN Int.
66 – CNC
67 – Rai 1
68 – Rai 2
69 – Rai 3
70 – Rai News 24
71 – TVE Internacional
72 – Canal 24 horas
73 – CCTV 4
74 – RTL Austria
75 – RTL 2 Austria
76 – SUPER RTL Austria
77 – Eurosport Deutschland
78 – HSE24 Extra
79 – ZDF
80 – ZDF Info
81 – KiKa
85 – 2M Monde
86 – CITV
87 – ITV
88 – ITV 2
89 – ITV Be
90 – ITV 4
97 – Rossiya 24
98 – Rtr
On the 8th floor of the hotel, with a full view on the city of Nice, our panoramic Bar l’EssenCiel welcomes you from 07:00 am to 11:00 pm in winter, and from 07:00 am to 00:00pm in summer, in a warm atmosphere where you can relax
The menu is here
L’Essenciel welcomes you every morning from 07:00 am to 10:30 am to enjoy healthy buffet breakfast with panoramic view while the city awakes.
You can pre order a take away breakfast
You may take your meal in your room if you wish. To enjoy the breakfast in the room, please fulfill the factsheet and place it on the door handle before 3 am. After this time, you shall contact directly the reception to order. From 7 am to 11 am, you may contact directly the breakfast service to order.
For your room service, the menu card “Petits Plats Meunier” is at your disposal.
To make an order, please dial 81.
We would like to kindly remind our guests that food or drink bought outside is not allowed in the hotel.
PANORAMIC SWIMMING POOL
The hotel has an outside swimming pool and a whirlpool bath, located on the 8th floor. Open from April to October only for hotel guests, free access.
Children must be accompanied by an adult. The hotel declines all responsibilities in case of an accident.
The hotel has its own in-house spa, in partnership with Decléor and Phytomer products, which is located on the ground floor. The spa is open every day on reservation. Enjoy our treatments, massages, hammam, and whirlpool bath. To make a reservation, dial 84.
Whirlpool bath should not be used by pregnant women.
Opening hours during high season:
Monday, Wednesday, Sunday: from 10:00 am to 6.00pm
Tuesday: from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Thursday, Saturday: from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm
Friday: from 10:00 am to 9:00 pm
During winter season, the Spa is open every day from 10 am to 7 pm, except on Wednesdays from 10 am to 4 pm.
Located on the ground floor of the hotel, the Fitness area offers high quality equipment “Life Fitness” and “Nohrd”: Traedmill, Hydraulic Rowing machine, Body Building interactive wall, Elliptic bike, straight bike, Recumbent Bicycle Abdominal Crunch Machine, Water Grinder, Adjustable dumbbell rack.
Lessons of Pilates are also available on request.
After exercising, enjoy relaxing at the sauna.
Lockers, shower, towels, water are available in the Fitness area.
Open from 7am to 10pm, 7 day, accessible with your room key card.
MEETINGS, BANQUETING, CONFERENCES
For more information or to reserve, please contact our sales department at 1157.
The hotel has 5 conference rooms where you can organize your events.
Two of our meeting rooms (Atrium and Victor Hugo) have natural daylight.
Our meeting rooms are all equipped with screen, video projector and paperboard (on request and if available).
We offer several packages adapted to your needs, whether it is a half day or full day event, with or without guest rooms.
For more information or to reserve, please contact our sales department at 1157.
In case of fire, as soon as the alarm rings, please follow the instructions on the back of your room door: you are asked to leave your rooms, shut the door and immediately go to the emergency exit. In case of fire in your room, please call the Reception desk. Dial 80, 81 or 9.
- Drink plenty of fluids and hydrate yourself
- Limit your exposure to the sun
- Wear lightweight clothing and a hat
- Follow the instructions given by the Reception desk
- Never go back to get something you have left
Safety recommendations are on line on http://www.shin-hotels.co/covid.html
The Splendid Hotel & Spa is a family hotel with traditions, which implies a care for long term, continuity, future as well as sustainable development. For more than 15 years, we have been making constant efforts to reduce our impact on the environment.
Today, our priorities are to reduce our waste and energy consumption, and to make our customers aware of those goals by asking them to help us achieve them.
Our conduct code is the following:
Awareness of our staff, suppliers and customers
- Favor internal and external electronic communication.
- Provide our customers with eco-friendly products and stop using single-use products.
- Motivate our customers to participate in our efforts to save water and electricity, and waste sorting.
- Encourage our customers to use public transportation and hybrid electric vehicles, particularly by offering free access to our garage for electric cars.
- Buy electricity originating at 50% fromhydro electricity, and by that renewable, the rest coming from nuclear activity, and being without carbon rejection.
- Teach our staff how to have eco-friendly gestures, in their professional and personal life.
Preserving natural resources
- Save energy, using a new generation heat pump for cooling and heating,and also thermal panels to heat the swimming pool.
- Save water, by using flow reducers, training our staff, and buying the less expensive materials for renewal.
- Measure every month water, naturalgas and electricity consumption.
Reduction of pollution
- Reduce waste by cutting, when hygienically possible, disposable products
- Use a box compactor.
- Recycle batteries as well as electronic and electric material.
- Sort out and get rid of all typed of waste, in all departments, and recycle them when possible.
- Recycle cooking and food oils.
- Recycle ink cartridge and printer toner.
- Replace cleaning products,fertilizers and disinfectants with neutral and eco-labeled products.
- Use recycled paper and internally reuse papers printed on one side.
- Favor fair trade, particularly for tea and coffee.
Management of purchase
- Adopt a responsible purchasing charter in order to choose our suppliers according to the environmentalimpact : origin of the products, transport, packaging, take-back, etc
MAKE GOOD CHOICES
- Excursion :do not use your car for short trips
- Use public transportation, or rental bikes available in front of the hotel : http://www.velobleu.org
- During a walk: respect the instructions (stay on the path, do not damage the environment, do not collect protected species), and do not leave any rubbish behind you and collect your waste.
- Food: buy local products, preferably produced in ways that respect the natural environment.
If you need any information or good tips, please ask our concierge.
- Turn off the lights when you leave a room
- Turn off any device that still consumes energy in sleep power mode
- Turn off the air conditioner if you open the windows or if you are going to leave the room forseveral hours.
- Reuse your sheets and toilet linens during your stay
- Take a shower rather than a bath
- Turn of the water while brushing your teeth or shaving
Please notify us if you notice any dysfunction in the sanitary system.
Nothing but toilet paper should be flushed down the toilet.
REDUCE YOUR WASTE
- Sort your waste – leave your recyclable waste (packaging and glass) in the recycling bins that are at your disposal on each floor of the hotel
- When checking out, leave your newspapers and brochures on the desk or in a recycling bin instead of throwing them away
- Bring your old batteries and any hazardous waste down to reception
- Try to avoid buying over packaged products
Packaging: empty plastic containers, spray cans and paper boxes. Do not clean before
Glass: empty bottles and jars, without the cork. Do not clean before
Paper: clean and without plastic
Hazardous waste: batteries, medicine…
Des poubelles de tri sont à votre disposition dans le lobby
WASTE SORTING – RECYCLING
Recycling bins are at your disposal in the Lobby :
Discover Nice through its streets and unique sites.
Places to visit :
- « Promenade des Anglais »
- « Place Massena »
- « Vieux Nice » or « Vieille Ville »
- Museums : Mamac, Chagall, …
Feel free to ask the concierge, who will gladly give you a city map and indicate you the key places to visit and how to go there.